Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Almost Famouser

Dumb Blonde Journalist: We come to you live from Toumba, where a team of Greek archaeologists from our own Aristotle University, here in Thessaloniki, are seeking the truth behind the dirt. As you can see--

Me: Excuse me! I'm ready!

DBJ: Oh, um, ok, yes?

Me (with a handful of completely unimportant finds): Well, as you see here, I have just uncovered some really important finds that are crucial to the excavation: some ceramics, some sea shells, and some bones. Really amazing.

DBJ: Ah, I see, why are they important?

Me: I found them from that street over there, and from these finds it's clear that ancient people were very hungry, and threw parties on the street.

DBJ: How do you know this?

Me: Well, look at this bone, for instance, it's an animal bone. Perhaps from a cat or a dog...

Merciful Katie: Or a goat.

Me: Ah yes, a goat! So they were eating this goat in the street, hence they threw a party.

DBJ: Where are you from?

Me: Hmmm, Turkey.

DBJ: And you speak Greek?? (turning to loudly laughing girls) Wait, is he serious?? Ok, where are you really from?

Me (with exaggerated American accent): America. I...am...from....the America.

DBJ: And what is your name?

Me: Ummmm.....Epamindondas!

DBJ: Ah, you are joking!

Exchange where I finally tell her my name, why I'm working here, and some boring stuff about my useless finds. She leaves to watch one of our guys from Afghanistan Dry-Sieve.

(Later on) DBJ:
Jeremy! What kind of music do you like?

Me: Zembeikiko (a song). I listen only to this song over and over again all day. By the way, you should come to the White Tower at 8. We're meeting about the excavation*


Ok, so all of that sounds like my last post. The difference: it actually happened today, except in more awkward Greek, at the dig. And aired. Who says there is no good television these days? Watch ERT3 news if you're in Greece...

*We are meeting tonight to hang out and play guitar. But who knows the ends of this woman's gullibility?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hahahaha, love it. Maybe I can find it on the YouTube.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home